About Me and My Passion
I have always wanted to work independently and have enjoyed the challenges of doing something for myself and that dream began as a small child.
I am the son of a fifth-generation family from Learmonth, North West of Ballarat. My mum has always been the home provider and my sister is a nurse who now sells antiques. I have four children, most of whom have worked in my business at some time.
The men in my family always liked to work with their hands. My grandfather served as a sapper or engineer in the army and my father always tinkered with cars and engines through the restoration of vintage cars, stationary engines and more- all his life. For these reasons, I also developed an interest in the automotive industry.
Growing up, I was always helping my dad with repairs and/or building stuff.
When I was eight, I built my first billy cart with my cousin. At 12, I rebuilt my first engine and four years later, I commenced my apprenticeship in automobile servicing. I am now a proud member of the local vintage car club and have owned vintage cars and bikes for more than 30 years.
I was previously a long-term mechanic with the Country Fire Authority – Mechanical Maintenance Division (CFA). During this time, I was able to provide support for the Department of Natural Resources and Environment (NRE) at major fires.
The CFA was an avenue for me to increase my knowledge and expertise because of the scope of vehicles and major equipment I could work on, including a large variety of cars, trucks, vans and firefighting equipment etc.
My skills have been honed to include the following: repairing of modern, vintage and classic cars as well as agricultural, earthmoving equipment and roadworthy certification.
Organisations that I am a Member of
Upon my retirement from the CFA in 1996, equipped with my interest and experience in automotive servicing, I decided to start my own business, Neale Goad Automotive (NGA).
The business has always been family based with my dad supporting me through vehicle deliveries, picking up and returning customer cars and driving the courtesy car.
Working in the vehicle servicing industry for over many years and being a car collector myself, I understand every vehicle owner’s need to keep their car at peak performance and reliability. To achieve this, extreme care and maintenance should be given to every vehicle.
Our aim at NGA is to make this as easy and as practical as possible. As a comprehensive automotive service provider accredited by the Victorian Automobile Chamber of Commerce (VACC) and VicRoads Australia we provide an array of services- all with high quality workmanship.
In fact, the NGA is comprised of five separate businesses:
- Automotive Workshop: To assist with the management of your vehicle, to maximise performance whilst minimising running costs, our automotive workshop provides cost-effective maintenance and servicing depending on your needs and keeping you on the road. We cover an array of services: from petrol, diesel, gas service, repairs, transmission overhaul, vintage, classic, modern and hybrid car servicing and repairs, full safety inspections, and roadworthy inspections through to tune ups. We also provide a cost-effective light truck maintenance and repair service. We understand the need to manage your fleet to maximize performance and minimize running costs. Our team of qualified mechanics will save you time on maintaining your light commercial trucks.
- New and Used Car Dealership: We provide a wide range of new and used cars for you to choose from, depending on your preference. We carry out dealer services to the manufacturer’s specifications to ensure your warranty is fully protected and your service books are kept up-to-date.
- Tractor Sales and Service: We offer onsite sales and servicing of tractors as well as tractor implements, provide a cost-effective light truck maintenance and repair service. We understand the need to manage your fleet to maximize performance and minimize running costs. Our team of qualified mechanics will save your time on maintaining your light commercial trucks.
- Mahindra Dealership: NGA is Australia’s longest running and largest independent Mahindra dealer, and Victoria’s sole dealer that offers sales, onsite servicing and detailing of all makes, models of Mahindra vehicles with quality after-market service.
- Vehicle Detailing: The proudest moment of any car owner is when their car is at it’s best; however, it is constantly subjected to a lot of harm from the environment and external sources. We pride ourselves on excellent service and a passion for detailing. At “It’s All in the Detail”, we help you keep your car in top condition with cleaning, restoration, and finishing of a motor vehicle, to produce a show-quality cleanliness and polish, complete with professional exterior and/or interior detailing. While offering fleet cleans, we also have special car cleaning offers complete with a free pickup and delivery service to the local Ballarat area.
The NGA Group has upto date facilities in order to provide high quality customer service. However, we are more than just a service centre: our valued clients have access to complete auto care. Our 24-hour roadside assistance service is available for onsite visits anywhere in the Southern and Western districts of Victoria and ready to respond to any emergency.
The slogan for the Neale Goad Automotive is “Neale Goad automotive: the doctor for your car.” I understand that all vehicles deserve the utmost “TLC”, thus the catchphrase. Extreme care for your car is essential to keep your vehicle up and running.
Our trained technicians have the skills to quickly ‘diagnose’ exactly what’s best for your car and ensure the highest standard of service is given to your vehicle, tractor or machinery. Our staff take great pride in achieving consistent high levels of customer satisfaction.
Growing up in Ballarat, I appreciate the importance of spending locally to help build a strong and resilient economy for the community. Our investment for the prosperity of Ballarat is to make our every effort to source all the goods and services locally.
For this, we were awarded by the CGU Commerce Ballarat the Business Excellence award in 2010. In 2011, we were awarded the Business to Ballarat Award and the Trade Business Awards, respectively.
We are proud to be able to support our local community with its extensive local community links from Conservation Volunteers Australia, Ballarat Vintage and Classic Car Club Rallies, the Friends of Ballarat Horse Trials to the Ballarat Football League.
The following are some of notable clients or mentors that have helped and supported me with NGA:
- Mr. Melville Charles,
Director of Charles IFE Pty Ltd Ballarat
Before I had notable clients and mentors to help and support me with the business, it was the men in my family- my grandfather and my father- who both served as my inspiration in starting up my business.
They introduced me to the building and repairing of machinery: roads and bridges for my grandfather, cars and engines for my father. Their dedication to their craft made an impact on me in such a way that I, too, took a similar path as theirs. I developed an interest in and grew to love everything about cars.
I have always been passionate about fixing machinery, keeping vehicles in tip top shape and endlessly providing quality solutions to maximise a vehicle’s performance.
The NGA Group is a testimony to my passion for vehicles and vehicle servicing. This is where I apply my skills and experience working in the vehicle servicing industry through high quality workmanship with personalised customer service at a fair price.
Establishing and nurturing the company, providing high quality services, making my business family-oriented and contributing to the community of Ballarat is paying it forward by continuing my grandfather and father’s legacy.